- Binding MOU signed with Uproar.gg Limited (“Uproar”), creator of an online gaming community, through which gamers can enhance their PC and console gaming experiences by participating in quests, competitions, and challenges
- Uproar has developed a unique mix of game-enhancing services for the $91 Billion video game industry, and has a number of hit titles connected to its service such as League of Legends, Halo 5, Destiny 2, and Vainglory
- Over the past 12 months, Uproar has grown at a 30% month on month rate through organic growth alone
- Users interact with the service using game points which they can earn or buy through various methods, including purchasing a premium subscription.
- Uproar generates its revenue primarily through performance marketing and customised marketing campaigns for brands sponsors. Brand sponsors include those interested in staying connected to the millennial gamer generation, as well as world class game publishers such as a Perfect World
- OpenDNA’s technology will enable Uproar to personalise their content to each individual user, allowing for richer discovery and more engaging content experiences
Leading artificial intelligence company OpenDNA Limited (ASX: OPN) (“OpenDNA” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the signature of a binding memorandum of understanding (“MOU”) with Uproar.
The MOU provides for the integration of OpenDNA’s Artificial Intelligence System (“AIS”) into Uproar’s digital platform, to enable OpenDNA to begin to personalize content served to Uproar’s users. Through the use of OpenDNA’s technology, each individual user will be delivered highly personalized content which is relevant to their specific interests, including new games, quests, forums, challenges, prizes, and e-sports events.
Because OpenDNA will enhance the user’s experience and hence the site’s overall performance, OpenDNA will be entitled to a 25% share of revenue generated above and beyond Uproar’s baseline revenue.
OpenDNA and Uproar will collaborate to maximize the value of OpenDNA’s technology to Uproar, with each party to consult with, and provide ongoing feedback to, the other (including regarding any further ways as to how data and insights generated by OpenDNA’s technology might be leveraged towards improving Uproar’s business). Further, OpenDNA will provide Uproar with ongoing access to its proprietary Synapse dashboard and data visualization tools, so as to enable Uproar to make decisions about data insights in real-time.
Speaking today in relation to the signing of the MOU, Uproar’s CEO, Charlie Meaden, said:
“Uproar’s focus has always been about enhancing the gamer experience and our consistent user and revenue growth shows that our approach has to date been highly successful. With the e-sports category poised for explosive growth, we consider now to be an ideal time to partner with a leading AI and personalisation company such as OpenDNA to help us to create even better experiences for our users. We’re extremely excited about how its technology can further improve our offering and assist Uproar to continue its upward growth trajectory."
OpenDNA’s Managing Director and CEO, Jay Shah, said:
“OpenDNA is excited about leveraging our technology for the multi-billion dollar gaming sector and Uproar, with its innovative platform and fast-growing user numbers, is the perfect partner to highlight our capabilities. We are especially excited about the potential for our AI technology to enhance a game platform’s retention and monetization by providing each user with the most relevant content possible from an already expanding universe of content across the sector. The collaborative nature of the MOU, with each party working together to maximise and share in revenue upside generated through using OpenDNA technology, creates natural alignment and we look forward to moving now to the integration phase with Uproar"