- Binding MOU signed with Future Mobile Technology (“FMT”), manufacturer and provider of the high-quality “Netsurfer” range of Android mobile devices to the European and African markets
- Jottr, OpenDNA’s personalized content App, will be available on Google’s Play Store and pre-loaded on Netsurfer handsets and will host over 2,000 sources of rich content streams
- Through this pioneering development, OpenDNA-enriched Netsurfer Devices will “learn” and tailor news, entertainment, sports, technology, and lifestyle content to each individual user
- The strongly-growing Netsurfer brand provides a potentially lucrative opportunity under the MOU for OpenDNA to share in revenue derived by FMT from its user base
- OpenDNA’s innovative machine learning-powered personalization technology opens the way for Android device manufacturers to tailor services and content across Google’s rich content ecosystem, paving the way for the “Internet of Me”
Leading artificial intelligence company OpenDNA Limited (ASX: OPN) (“OpenDNA” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the signature of a binding Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) with progressive Android handset manufacturer and supplier Future Mobile Technology (“FMT”), following which the parties will pursue opportunities in connection with the utilisation by FMT of OpenDNA’s personalisation and artificial intelligence technology in relation to its mobile devices.
Under the MOU, OpenDNA’s personalised content app Jottr will be installed on FMT’s wide array of the latest “Netsurfer” brand smartphone and tablet devices, enabling the Company’s proprietary personalisation technology to further enhance the user experience of FMT’s feature-packed and premium-designed products. The Jottr app will work unobtrusively in the background, learning about the device owner’s preferences, needs, wants and habits so as to facilitate the delivery of content which is tailored specifically to their interests – including the delivery of native ads made possible through the Company’s agreement with Facebook. In return, OpenDNA will receive 50% of all advertising revenue derived from the use of the app in the device.
OpenDNA-enriched Netsurfer phones and tablets are currently expected be available for market release during Q4 of 2017.