- Endeavour Drinks Group, owned and operated by Woolworths, launches its Drinks Library App
- OpenDNA to receive both fixed and variable revenue streams through ongoing usage and user interactions with the App
- Using OpenDNA’s AI powered technology, Endeavour will understand each individual customer’s interests down to a granular level, which in turn allows them to deliver a highly personalized and relevant experience
- Through detailed psychographic profiling, which is built up by how a customer interacts with the App, customers can create their own “Drinks Library” of potential products tailored to their specific interests and reflecting their preferences across a wide range of situations, events and moods
- This marks a breakthrough by which a customer’s unique interests, behavioral and personality profiles are used to provide them a truly relevant and personalized experience with a brand
Leading Artificial Intelligence company OpenDNA Limited (ASX: OPN) (“OpenDNA” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the successful launch of the Drinks Library App created for the Endeavour Drinks Group (“Endeavour”), a business which is operated by Woolworths Limited and which is the owner of the Dan Murphy’s, BWS and CellarMasters brands (amongst others).
As announced by the Company on 17 July 2017, OpenDNA signed an agreement with Endeavour to create and power an innovative Drinks Library App, whose purpose is to catalogue, suggest and recommend suitable liquor choices for each individual user based on their specific preferences, interests and having regard to factors such as the occasion involved.
Through the use of OpenDNA’s Artificial Intelligence (“AI”) and machine learning technology, the App will “learn” user preferences across a broad range of inputs, metrics and scenarios, enabling it to suggest the perfect alcoholic accompaniment for the customer.
With the Drinks Library App customers will discover more about the drinks they enjoy, the latest trends, discoveries to the must-try drinks of the year. Endeavour will provide the customer with content most suited to their desires, personalised and powered by OpenDNA’s AI technology.
As a customer reads and explore articles, the Drinks Library App watches for patterns and adjusts their newsfeed to give them the content that they want and even surprises them with content they never thought to ask for, ensuring continuous discovery. Furthermore, the App will allow customers to tailor the weighting of each interest, giving data control back to the end user.
The development of the App was fully funded by Endeavor, however, OpenDNA will now generate ongoing revenue through:
- a fixed monthly content sourcing and cataloging fee, which draws in content from OpenDNA’s extensive worldwide sources; and
- a variable monthly user subscription fees (calculated by reference to active user numbers and levels of user interaction with the App).
OpenDNA’s innovative AI technology can be leveraged by any business with an online presence, to anticipate customer needs and enhance the overall customer experience. For E-commence brands specifically, OpenDNA’s AI technology provides them with the tools to better understand their customer’s interests and behavioral patterns in order to then tailor the product offers and services, making it a more personalized and relevant experience.
Speaking today in relation to the successful App launch, OpenDNA Managing Director and CEO Jay Shah said:
“We are delighted to see the launch of the Drinks Library App into the Google Play Store and Apple App Store from today. We are excited about working with Endeavour Drinks Group to deliver to consumers an innovative and personalized AI powered App, which enables them to select the perfect accompaniment to any occasion. Through use of OpenDNA AI technology, not only will the App allow individual users to capture and catalogue their preferences for future reference, it will also enable them to access Endeavour’s extensive associated knowledge base to ensure that they receive the best and most personalised experience.”